Saturday 17 March 2012

Cattle Dock.

It doesn't look a lot at the moment, but, it will eventually become the Cattle Dock at Teignford.
Therein lies a story.I spend a fair amount of time scanning through books looking for suitable subjects to model.
A Pictorial History of Great Western Architecture is one of my sources and it was inside this tome that the plan was found. However, I could not make out the dimensions, such was the reduction for publishing purposes.
Here the power of the internet comes in. I belong to several groups and I put a plea for information on the GWR e-list. The writer of the book himself, Adrian Vaughan answered my plea and provided all the answers to my questions, even sending an enlargement for my use. Thank you Adrian, I hope my efforts will make the effort worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    I am following your blog on Teignford and would like a follow up on last Septembers post on the Kitmaster coach you started. has work on it progressed ? Keep up the good work.
    Regards Mark haynes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No progress as yet-too much to do to get Teignford ready for it's first exhibition in May- hopefully after that
      Best wishes
      Steve

      Delete