Saturday, 3 March 2012

I have it covered.

The main carcass has been covered. I have used 'N' Gauge Random Stone thin card sheets as supplied by Metcalfe -Cat No. PN115. These packs have five sheets of each thick and thin card which have cut and random stone on each sheet. The grey is a little light but I think a wash of a darker colour will make the building tone in with the Station Building.. The interior is a hotch potch of scrap building sheets which make it look a little more authentic. I also cut a sheet to cover the inner wall that abuts the platform to be fitted after the glazing was stuck in place.

Thursday, 1 March 2012

Goods Shed.

First testing of the positioning of Teignfords Goods Shed.
The building will butt up against the platform. As can be seen, the removal of the second siding ,to the left of the shed would have made the area too cramped.
This does affect the operational capabilities somewhat but the yard area would have been too tight and the possibilities of lorries backing up to the loading bay all but impossible.
Now I am sure that the size and position are correct I can get on and detail the carcass.

Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Goods Shed Roof.

 This is the basis for the Goods Shed roof.
Two pieces of mounting card cut to size and glued to gether with a couple of braces to the same profile as the apex of the end walls.
Some card has also been cut for the woodwork under the eaves which will carry the guttering.
I am a great believer in keeping it simple rather than super detailing bits that no one will see, rigidity and longevity are more important. This philosophy has sttod the test of time with the buildings on Hennock and I don't see any reason to change now.

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Teignford Goods Shed.

 Well, the knives have been out!
The main pieces of the goods shed have been cut out and glued together.
Using Ross all purpose white glue, which it says on the container- Bonds Fast Dries Clear. This I picked up from our local Discount Store a few years ago and it does exactly that. The glue grabs fairly quickly so you don't have to spend half the evening holding two pieces of cardboard together.
I got to the stage seen in a couple of hours and the next morning all had hardened squarely and the mitred corners appear to be neat.

The centre image shows that a side and end were stuck together and left to set and then the two halves joined.
Corner braces were added to aid it all being square and to add a bit of strength. It now comes to the decision on what to clad it in.
Must get into the store cupboard to see what I have in stock.